In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson, “if we encounter a man of rare intellect, we should ask him what books he reads”. The corporate world demands for an expansive knowledge bank and intelligence with the packed up ability to use it sharply. Business world calls for a person to be king of words and the fast-evolving world salutes people with great and unique business ideas. Books and business journals gave you an intellectual insight and prepare you factually as well as provides you with a thought process so that you have a point of view and opinion. Following are some of the greatest business books of all time recommended not only for corporate people but also for management students.
10. Rework by Jason Fried: No matter how much effective your planning is you always needs a rework on your strategies and skills. The book answers even the most trivial questions about succeeding in a business. For example, the book explains why one doesn’t need to be a workaholic to succeed in a business. A must-read for the young entrepreneurs.
9. Awaken the giant within by Tony Robbins: A book that not only guides you practically bit also on an emotional level also for becoming successful in any venture one wants to undertake. A book that talks about concentrating and focusing on your thought process.
8. Good to great by Jim Collins: A book filled with numerous articles and interviews Jim Collins tells you how one can evaluate ideas and take the company to the next level
7. True north: discover your authentic leadership by Bill George: A book written with the perspective of modern times well explaining the importance of authenticity along effective leadership. The books explain the methods of developing individual styles of leadership rather than following traditional ways.
6. The effective executive by Peter Drucker: A classic management book of all times that explains a single fundamental, “getting right things done.” The book covers a deep insight about managing skills and resources, also states that leaders can be created by developing their skill set.
5. Against all odds by Dhirubhai Ambani: How management fundamentals can be put to actual practice without a formal education, this book takes it all. The finest example of businessman Dhirubhai Ambani stating the craftsmanship of establishing and running a business from rags to riches.
4. Dream with your eyes open by Ronnie Screwvala: A pioneer in media industry Ronnie Screwvala explains the tactics and his own experiences in the venture of becoming a successful entrepreneur in the league of first generation. A book worth reading to understand the practical aspects of entrepreneurship.
3. Who will cry when you die by Robin Sharma: A classic read by the author of “the monk who sold his Ferrari” explaining the importance of accomplishing tasks without wasting time on unnecessary things. The main mantra of his book is to make people understand their priorities and rejoice life as it comes.
2. Stay hungry stay foolish by Rashmi Bansal: A book that holds a treasure of stories of 25 IIM graduates who dared to carve a path of their own. Indeed a very inspiring book for young entrepreneurs or guiding people to come out of their fear of choosing a different path.
1. Corporate Chanakya by Radhakrishnan Pillai: As we all know the great economist “Chanakya”, this book explains every bit of his philosophy in the context of the modern world and modern-day business. A book worth reading and applying in real life or business.
A successful entrepreneur is one who has an eye for the finest of things to choose from by applying the knowledge gained. The list of these books is not exhaustive there are many more gems to be noticed in the knowledge world of books.